January is the New Home Buying Season Opener
Spring starts Home Shopping season, right? Wrong! Realtor.com reports January is the new April of home buying. Since 2015 people are beginning the home search earlier, with the highest number of 2019 listing views in 1 out of 5 markets.
With rising home prices and lower inventories, shoppers are beginning their searches earlier, often using online apps to begin the search. The views are happening on realtor.com. That means instead of being deterred by bad weather, home shoppers can wrap up in a blanket with their hot tea and peruse the home buying options without venturing into the wind, rain or snow.
The top five markets for January home searches?
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, Washington with 31.7% views per listing.
- McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX at 14.9% views per listing
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA with 11.6% views per listing
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA with 11.6% views per listing
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA with 7.2% views per listing.
Homebuyers are looking more in smaller metropolitan areas to enjoy the benefits of metro entertainment, with lower taxes and safer environment for family life. Interested? Go ahead and check. It doesn’t cost to look, and you might find the perfect home for your family. Be prepared with financing. Visit purchaseournewhome.com to be matched to a mortgage professional in your area.