The Zagar Thruster Series Drilling Units are capable of meeting a wide variety of production requirements. Available in three basic thrust sizes, they offer a solid solution for drilling operations; requiring both rapid advance and controlled feed. The same unit features the choice of pneumatic or hydraulic operation, powered by a three- phase 230/460 V motor.
Zagar Inc.https://www.zagar.com/ tapping machine units incorporate a lead screw assembly with our standard drilling units. Powered by a reversing brake motor, these tapping machine units serve a wide range of tapping applications, accommodating pitch sizes from 8 to 56 TPI (metric sizes also available) and motor sizes up to 7.5 HP.
Features and benefits
- Greater drilling thrust (our double acting cylinder requires no springs for return)
- Efficient power transmission actuated by our involute spline driven spindle
- Rear support bearing on spindle makes for higher radial load capability and reduced spline wear.
- Spindle TIR of .0005”
- Adjustable positive stop with .0005” repeatability for accurate depth control
- Peck feed options for seep hole drilling in small diameters
- Quick speed changes made possible through the interchangeable synchronous belt and pulley kits
- Wide variety of spindle nose options including; Jacob’s Taper, drill head tang drive and Zagar threaded nose for standard Zagar Accessories.
- Protective guarding for operator safety
- 1,2 or 3 limit sensor kits for full-back, full-depth, and peck of intermediate positioning control.
- Adjustable limit sensor cams
- Standard four limit sensor kit provided for tapping units.
- Easily interchangeable lead screw and nut assembly, enabling quick changeover of tap pitches (tap units only)
- Oil mist assembly for automatic lead screw and nut fabrication. (tap units only)