Trying to sell your home, but it’s not moving? Here are 7 project you can do to boost your home’s appeal and Value.
- Clear the clutter. This is a great one, because it doesn’t have to cost you any money. This simple step can add up to $2,000 to your home’s sale value according to real estate experts. Full rooms look smaller. Help potential homebuyers see the possibilities, by removing anything not absolutely essential. Throw away or donate what you don’t need and enjoy the space you gain.
- Paint your walls a neutral color. Even if you love bright colors, others may not be able to visualize how they could make your home into their own. So paint. A fresh coat of paint bumps up your home’s value 1-2% according to studies. The bonus is that the new coat of paint can also cover any scuffs, chips or stains.
- You can improve outside too. Landscape your yard for good curb appeal. Cut back any overgrown plants, trim trees and bushes. Pull the weeds and put down fresh mulch. Good curb appeal can boost between 5% and 20% of your home’s value!
- Update your kitchen. Don’t panic if you can’t afford a total redo. Consider countertops and backsplashes. Stainless steel appliances will make a difference. All told, a kitchen update raises home resale values between 3 and 7 percent.
- Improve your Energy Efficiency. Think insulation, high efficiency rated windows, LED light bulbs. Buyers check utilities too, so make sure yours don’t show an energy hog.
- Help your house be smarter. Yes, Technology evolves quickly, and keeping up can be expensive but a smart thermostat or keypad lock can be a useful feature for years yet. Experts suggest features like these can boost your home value 3 to 5%.
You’ve worked hard to move forward. We want to help you get there. Visit us on ResourceShark.com and find the resources you need.