When is a Foreclosure Wrongful

When you are Fighting a Foreclosure, it can be incredibly frustrating when complete strangers show up at your door and demand to see your home because they want to buy it.  It is so important to remain calm even at a time like this.  Every state, whether judicial or non-judicial has required foreclosure procedures that must be followed before the home may be sold and transferred. 

If your home is in a judicial state, the foreclosure process is a legal proceeding in court, where the lender, its successors and/or assigns, files a foreclosure complaint against the borrower and the judge must render a decision before the property may be sold.  This can be avoided, if you make arrangement with that lender to deed the property back to them in exchange for consideration.  If you do not answer the complaint in a timely manner, the judge is likely to grant a default judgment.  If a lender is proceeding to file against you, hiring licensed, experienced legal representation can result in a more positive outcome.

If your home is in a non-judicial state, there are still publications and procedure to follow in a correct foreclosure process.  Hiring a lawyer can help you determine when and if anyone has the right to enter your home at each stage of the foreclosure. 

If you are in default, the first step to saving your home is to communicate with your lender.  Let your lender know you are having trouble repaying the mortgage and what you have done to figure out a way to repay the note.  Foreclosure is an uncomfortable and possibly embarrassing situation, but your lender already knows something is happening.  Talk to them, keep a log of your conversations, and check any information they share, such as proposed sale date(s). 

Look up your state’s housing agency to see if there is a foreclosure avoidance program in your state.  If you still need help or your mortgage company does not seem to be working with you, https:// wrongfullyforeclosed.com can help you get the legal help you need to stop foreclosure, or be compensated for an improper foreclosure.